Chances of switching to an earlier connecting train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Lead Service Attendant
So in a couple of weeks I'm going to NYP via DC by way of the Cap Ltd and NEC.

I'm scheduled for a two-hour layover in DC before catching train 148 at 3:05. Now IF the Cap Ltd is on time arriving at 1:05 (hasn't happened this week at all) what are the chances they would let me switch to train 94 departing at 2:05, getting me to NYP an hour earlier?

I got my tickets with AGR points, you think I could get on the earlier train for no extra cost, or maybe a nominal fee? I've never tried to switch last minute like that.

I've done something similar. Actually saved me a few points and they credited me the difference. (In this case, it was the Crescent to an Albany bound train.)

Remember that now reward reservations are not priced at fixed amounts, but they are priced according to the prevailing fare being charged to the public. So...Especially when talking about train 94? I would almost guarantee that the fare would be higher. You would need to call AGR and see what they say, if you happened to have enough time to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back