Changed plans; inform Amtrak?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker71

Train Attendant
Adventure starts Monday, first leg Houston to Longview on a bus. Then to Chicago overnight. Followed by overnight to Utica NY, I originally bought a ticket to Amsterdam NY, with a two hour layover my brother is picking me up in Utica. Should I inform Amtrak I'm not getting back on?

Since the Lake Shore doesn’t stop in Amsterdam, it sounds like you have a 2 hour layover in Utica to transfer to an Empire Service train. If you don’t board it at Utica and you have a return ticket on the same reservation number, your return will be cancelled. You should get the reservation modified and get the Utica-Amsterdam segment dropped if that's the case.

Since the Lake Shore doesn’t stop in Amsterdam, it sounds like you have a 2 hour layover in Utica to transfer to an Empire Service train. If you don’t board it at Utica and you have a return ticket on the same reservation number, your return will be cancelled. You should get the reservation modified and get the Utica-Amsterdam segment dropped if that's the case.
It's a one way and last leg. @OBS thanks for your reply.

Back