Changes on Amtrak Home Page

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piedpiper

Train Attendant
Today, I was on Amtrak page and if you click on the schedules tab, there is no schedules, you have to put in an itineraty and will show the trains but not the whole schedule with stops and timesšŸ˜¢

That's because a lot of schedules have been modified and more probably will be, so those time schedules are currently inaccurate.

The LD trains are running semi-normally .... not all stops can be made and their overall schedule is day-to-day as things can change state-to-state

You made the same mistake I made the other day when posting that link on FB - you apparently did not click any of the links. If you click a scheduleā€™s link it takes you to the same COVID-19 adjustments page that the link on the main page takes us to.
Ah, that's unfortunate. I found a Wayback Machine archive of the timetables page from October 26, 2019 here that will show some outdated schedules. If you know the date of the new timetable, you can replace the date at the end of the link and see if there's an archive of it, like this one for the NEC NYP-WAS schedule effective January 2, 2020.

That's amateurish on the part of Amtrak, but I suppose the timetables are changing so fast the one person responsible for writing new timetables can't keep up...

Asked about removal of downloadable schedules from Amtrakā€™s website because virtually all previously issued documents are now inaccurate, spokeswoman Christina Leeds explained that existing schedules are available only by origin and destination when accessed by date through the ā€œschedulesā€ link in the booking system. ā€œWe will add the (downloadable) schedules back when we start to restore service,ā€ she says.

- Trains

Back