Changing ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm being given a ticket for travel paid for by my internship. The ticket is for a specific time and schedule. I would like to extend my stay and am willing to pay a change fee to get a new ticket based of off the old one. How would I go about doing so?

I would phone Amtrak and speak to an agent and request to modify your reservation. I have recently encountered many agents that were either unwilling or unable to modify a reservation. If the agents with whom you speak insist on canceling the current reservation (and charging a cancellation fee) and then making a new reservation, I suggest that you ask to speak to Customer Relations.

Others may have other suggestions.

And the magic word is that you want to MODIFY your reservation (not to cancel it and rebook it). Although there is no change fee, if you cancel your reservation you may get hit with a cancellation fee before you rebook. Thus, you should specifically say you want to modify your reservation. If the agent says there will be a fee, ask for a supervisor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back