Charlottesville VA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Service Attendant
Does Charlottesville VA station have a place where I could leave my luggage for the day while I explored the area? I wanna come from New Orleans and then pickup the Cardinal back home.

Does Charlottesville VA station have a place where I could leave my luggage for the day while I explored the area? I wanna come from New Orleans and then pickup the Cardinal back home.
Yep, C-ville has checked baggage so the agent will day check it for you for the standard Amtrak charge of $4 a day per bag! Sometimes they don't charge if you're in a Sleeping Car ( remembet to tip if they do this)or just charge you $4 for any baggage you day check!

Just a thought, is it something you need to carry on with you? You could always check it from CVS to your destination if checked baggage is offered at your home station

When I've had layovers there the station manager just told me to put my luggage against a particular wall and he'd keep an eye on it. I've never had a problem. They're very nice there.

Thanks guys.This trip is for no other reason other than to ride.Cincinnati to Chicago and then off to Seattle.

I was thinking from Seattle to LA with the Sunset to NOL.Then I thought I want some new miles and a complete circle soo the Crescent to Charolletsville and then the Cardinal back to Cincinnati.I wanna stay out of Chicago on the return trip,this is just in the

planning stage now for february..seems doable.

Sometimes it seems like the planning is more fun than the actual doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back