Checked baggage at Kansas City Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sue

Hi, I’m from Australia and just have a quick question:

Can I check baggage at Kansas City on the Lincoln River Runner and collect it when I get off in St Louis? I have a large suitcase that weighs 42lbs and I won’t be able to lift it onto an overhead rack! The Amtrak site says I can check baggage but not sure if that just means for bags going all the way to Chicago (I’ll be terminating in St Louis).
Thanks for your help 😃

The stations and the train both have to offer checked baggage service. The web site doesn't indicate that checked baggage is carried on that train. On the booking page, click the "Details" down arrow for the train and look at "Amenities."

Thank you. So if the train doesn’t offer checked baggage (which it doesn’t seem it does), will they have space for large suitcases that doesn’t require them to be lifted onto overhead racks?

The Lincoln Service/River Runner trains do not offer checked baggage. The only train that serves Kansas City that carries checked baggage is the Southwest Chief.

There is space at end of the car for luggage in addition to the overhead racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back