Checked Baggage on Pennsylvanian Starting Oct 1, 2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
43 (30) has a baggage in preparation for checked luggage service to begin tomorrow. I am not sure what goes into adding this car to the consist, but there were about 8 Amtrak employees upon the platform. View attachment 15044

Attachments

• IMG_4182.JPG
    IMG_4182.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 47
43 (30) has a baggage in preparation for checked luggage service to begin tomorrow. I am not sure what goes into adding this car to the consist, but there were about 8 Amtrak employees upon the platform. View attachment 15044

Nothing actually. The Pennsylvanian shares consists with the Palmetto. So it's much less of a hassle for yard crews. It avoids a double drill. On the Palmetto they add 2 or 3 coaches for NYP-WAS travel with the baggage car on the end.

I thought they had stopped sharing a consist. I know when we tried some PV stuff with 90/89 there was an issue with it. About being the last train in for the night and the first out. So I’m not sure if they share anymore.

I believe the issue was if the Palmetto shows up late which it does fairly frequently. There wasn’t enough time to cut the cars on or off. Note what I’ve heard is coming from a second hand source. I’m just repeating what was relayed to me.

Back