Checking reservations using points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have taken dozens of Amtrak trips over the years both for points and/or cash. The ones purchased for cash can be easily checked on the Amtrak website, but ticket reservations made for points do not seems to show up. Is there a way to check these reservations made using points?

We have taken dozens of Amtrak trips over the years both for points and/or cash. The ones purchased for cash can be easily checked on the Amtrak website, but ticket reservations made for points do not seems to show up. Is there a way to check these reservations made using points?
Hmm, most of my big sleeper trips the last few years have been on points and I don’t recall a problem seeing them on the website. I know for certain they showed up in the app because I used it for ticket scanning on some legs.

Maybe try logging on, then pulling the reservation up using the reservation number? That may get them linked/re-linked.

I'm having a similar issue; booked a trip with a voucher (Silver train a year ago arrived about 9h late) and while it shows up to phone operators nothing I've done has let me see it in the app or website. I'm half tempted to go to the local station to see if they can print out the tickets so I don't have any issues when the trip starts a month and a thousand miles away from now.

I've had the same thing with points. Pulling up the reservation sometimes sticks, sometimes not. Never hurts to have a printout. I have found, though, that the conductors have a pretty good list of expected passengers and can put you in with no paperwork at all.

I still remember leaving the house for a train trip and leaving the *tickets* at the house. There was a frantic cab ride to the house and back.

Even further back, I was planning a trip from San Francisco/Emeryville to Reno and back in a room. There was a "travel agency" that said they would send me a book of gambling freebees if I booked through them. They sent me the booklet, but no tickets. I was frantic to get my hands on the tickets, so finally went to an Amtrak ticket office. They were able to cancel and rebook the ride at the same fare and print my tickets. I found the tickets in my mailbox when I returned from the trip. When I contacted the travel agency to complain, they said, "We send the tickets out at the last minute because people often change their plans".

At the time of the booking using points and cash the tickets printed out correctly. Just trying to just double check that our May trip PHL to WLO (Winslow, AZ) and return is still in the system.. Right now we only see the cash portion but I'll try the app and see what shows.
Tried the Amtrak app and it showed all reservations both cash and points in place.
Thanks everyone for the useful comments.

Last edited:
Back