CHI-LAX Southwest Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious but I always thought that room was for handicapped people, I didn't know anyone could purchase it?

This wasn't the H room. This was the Family room. Roughly the same size, but the Family room, designed to sleep 2 adults and two smaller children, has the same upper and lower couch and bunks as a Bedroom (which I like, the larger lower berth), across the car, with two child bunks (something like 4'8" long) length wise. The Handicap room has typical roomette seats and upper/lower berths, on one side, and toilet/sink facilities with a curtain on the other side with a lot of empty space in between, for wheelchairs/power scooters, etc.

I prefer bedrooms. But the bedroom was almost $700 more than the price of the Family room. So I chose it. Selfish? Maybe, but for that much of a price difference, I managed to sleep just fine.....Was great, having all that space. I can do a roomette for a 1 night trip, but for two nights or more, I really prefer the larger rooms, when possible. In this case, the F room, was only marginally more expensive than the Roomette. A no brainer, for me.

Back