Chicago Metropolitan Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double checking ahead of using the new lounge for the first time next week. Is there any sort of day check bag room? I remember there being something, but any mention is since lost in the many pages of this thread.

Double checking ahead of using the new lounge for the first time next week. Is there any sort of day check bag room? I remember there being something, but any mention is since lost in the many pages of this thread.
To the right of the desk when you check in. No attendant, just self-serve.

At one point there was talk that only passengers departing sleeper (not arriving) would be allowed in. Did that ever happen? Or did the rules end up being the same as the old lounge.

At one point there was talk that only passengers departing sleeper (not arriving) would be allowed in. Did that ever happen? Or did the rules end up being the same as the old lounge.
I gather that was a bit of spontaneous Chicago rule making that did not pass muster at the HQ.

I gather that was a bit of spontaneous Chicago rule making that did not pass muster at the HQ.
Sounds about right, because when I arrived on #8 in May, I had a 2 hour wait for my ride home. I wanted to wait in the (old) Metropolitan Lounge,I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the policy allowing that was going to change in June, when the new lounge opened. Higher-tiered passengers than I would still be allowed to wait after arrival, but not the hot-polloi like me.

Sleeper, business class, and Select Plus and higher AGR members have access to the Metropolitan Lounge. In some cases, I understand that the host may require all Select Plus and above AGR members be booked on a train the day they use the lounge. In that case, they could be traveling coach but still eligible for the Metropolitan Lounge. I do remember reading in the new Chicago general boarding new check in process that the group I just listed may board from the Metropolitan Lounge and not be required to check in as other coach passengers are required to do.

Back