Chicago Travel Order - 14 day quarantine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jim, Thanks for asking. Archie is fine and enjoying the grandchildren with us. I hope Laura bypassed Austin and you are well. Hope to see you at the next Gathering. Best regards, Dick.

Hello Jim, Thanks for asking. Archie is fine and enjoying the grandchildren with us. I hope Laura bypassed Austin and you are well. Hope to see you at the next Gathering. Best regards, Dick.
Thanks Dick, Texas lucked out on the Hurricane even though we badly need the Rain.🥰

Glad all is well with you and the family( I think you know my Brother lives in Sonoma and they're having lots of Smoke problems but no Fires close!)and Archie is OK. 😊

I too look forward to seeing you again on a LD Train and at the Next Gathering! 😷 Jim

On our trip to Whitefish Montana/Glacier earlier this this month the passengers were about 70% Amish/Hitterite and less than half of them were wearing masks. In Whitefish everyone was masking up, many at our hotel, but when we went on a road trip seldom you saw a person with a mask. I guess with the Covid alarm and the places we have gone to, we should be dead by now, but we are both in perfect health.

The infection fatality rate's at least 0.68% -- that is, 680 out of 100,000 infected people die. The hospitalization rate is substantially higher -- about 2300 out of 100,000 infected people. The number with symptoms is substantially higher -- about 21,000 out of 100,000 infected people. The rate of the extremely unpleasant long-haul cases (which mostly do not require hospitalization, but go on for 4 - 6 months minimum) has not been measured well but seems to be substantially higher -- it looks to be around 7,000 out of 100,000 infected people. A frighteningly large percentage of symptomatic people studied in several studies had heart damage -- on the order of 80%, so around 16,000 out of every 100,000 infected people -- sometimes despite having no symptoms of heart damage. It's a very nasty disease and it is nothing to mess around with. There's a lot of asymptomatic carriers wandering around (who may have heart damage and not know it, of course.) These are very rough numbers but are the best I could source. They may be on the low side.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...9-recognition-support-groups-symptoms/615382/
I don't screw around with those odds of permanent organ damage; it's not something I need. If you don't know, these percentages are very high for an infectious disease.

If it had fewer asymptomatic cases it wouldn't have spread this much; it's in the "sweet spot" for a pandemic with plenty of Typhoid Marys silently spreading it while still crippling and killing large percentages of those infected.

Some Amish communities are wearing masks and sewing masks for others. Good! Others are not wearing masks and some of those have already had horrific outbreaks.

Back