Chicago Union Station Legacy Club questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoulderCO

Service Attendant
I'll be leaving CUS next month on the 5 train to Denver with a coach seat. The Legacy Club is a new addition since my last trip, and I'm thinking of giving it a try - mostly out of curiosity, I guess.

My main question for the group is this: I'm a senior and get priority boarding anyhow. Is there any advantage to the Legacy Club priority boarding in this situation? Does it occur before, during or after the usual senior priority boarding?

Also, would be interested in any general impressions and experiences of folks who have used the Legacy Club recently. Is it worth the $20?

Thanks!

My main question for the group is this: I'm a senior and get priority boarding anyhow. Is there any advantage to the Legacy Club priority boarding in this situation? Does it occur before, during or after the usual senior priority boarding?
I'm also interested in this question. Specifically, has anyone from the Legacy Room arrived at the platform only to find the "assisted" class (seniors, handicapped, families with children) already aboard? I.e., does the gatekeeper for the assisted group wait until the Legacy group has completed the much longer walk to the platform and boarded before letting the assisted group board?

I travel out of CUS all the time in business class and I've always seen the Legacy Club priority board BEFORE seniors. They do sometimes board Business Class before or at the same time as Legacy Club but I've never seen them do seniors or families with small children before Legacy.

I've used the Legacy Club now twice and both times have received priority boarding. What the attendant does is takes you to the senior boarding area and from there, when the train is ready, they release you to board.

I was just in that Legacy Club on Tuesday. The priority boarding wasn't anything too special. As a senior, you'd get on before the Legacy Club boarding.

I thought it was worth $20 for me because I had six hours to kill (it was raining). And that got me comfy chairs, tables, complimentary snacks and beverages, and Happy Hour drinks... but I wouldn't have paid the twenty bucks for that boarding. Not much of a privilege.

I was just in that Legacy Club on Tuesday. The priority boarding wasn't anything too special. As a senior, you'd get on before the Legacy Club boarding.
So, there seems to be a difference of opinion. Not surprising.
well I suppose it's possible but I am there every week and on the Michigan Trains I have never seen them board seniors before Legacy or Business passengers.

So, there seems to be a difference of opinion. Not surprising.
well I suppose it's possible but I am there every week and on the Michigan Trains I have never seen them board seniors before Legacy or Business passengers.
Frankly, on Tuesday it seemed almost as if we were being aided by trainees or something. Several people pointed to those of us sitting together as Legacy boarders and they seemed confused about why we were sitting there.

It's entirely possible that someone didn't realize who we were. But we were not boarded first. I watched the seniors board... which didn't bother me since we had a place to sit. Was just answering the question with what happened to me on Tuesday. :)

Back