City of New Orleans Jackson MS Station Food delivery?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russman

Train Attendant
I've successfully had food delivered on the Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, and California Zephyr, so I know this can be done, but my question is specifically about Jackson MS station. Can anyone tell me that if, as a through passenger, can one leave the platform and enter the station to pick up a food delivery?

I’ve gotten on and off the train at Jackson and it’s certainly not the most convenient station for a food delivery. You enter the station at street level and have to go upstairs to the track level to access the platform.

If you are going northbound I would say it is doable. When I took No. 58 last month we were in Jackson for 39 minutes. Had we been on time out of Hazlehurst we would have arrived 39 minutes early which would have made the stop making the stop somewhere in the 55 minute range. Memphis also is doable as well. It's a 20 minute stop going north but again enough padding we were there for 40 minutes.

Back