classic Amtrak commericals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, but. Too many people think of Amtrak as merely tax-subsidized land cruises, and these lovely ads strongly support that misimpression.

We need to see more workaday ads like, "Five trains a day to Chicago, only 5 ½ hours, and as low as $00 each way."

Of course, a better ad will go, "Seven trains a day to Chicago, in less than 5 hours, and as low as $00 each way."

But more images of land cruising, let's not.

It's my understanding most Amtrak riders use the NEC, and it's the NEC that generates the most revenue for Amtrak.

Consequently it's the not profitable LD (land cruiser) train routes that most need to increase ridership.

It also seems that outside the NEC most people don't think about Amtrak as an option for long distance travel, let alone think of Amtrak "as merely tax-subsidized land cruises".

It seems to me that Amtrak should advertise their commuter routes in the NEC in the NEC area, and the other regions where Amtrak commuter routes exist, and nationally Amtrak should advertise Amtrak's LD routes.

In California, the State seems to do all the advertising for the Surfliner and other subsidized trains. I have not seen one for any of the LD or national system for a LONG time on TV. I remember the "All Aboard Amtrak" commercials as a kid. It took till age 18 to actually get on my first Amtrak train which was the San Diegan in the late 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back