Cleveland - parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melanie

Hello, I've never travelled on a train before so I don't know much but my main concern is parking in Cleveland Ohio. Our train leaves at 3:45 am. I want to leave my van there for a few hours and my husband will pick it up around 6:45 before work. Is this possible? I am not finding much info on the website.

The Cleveland station has some new hours, but I believe it stays open until around 9am and is always open until after the LSL 48 leaves around 6am . If you call the station directly, the agents can tell you when they lock the gates for the day. 216-696-5115

Thanks for your reply! I didn't even think about the station being locked up.

Hi! Does this mean that if I'm travelling out of Cleveland at 3:45 going to Chicago (well, on my way through to Portland) on the Lake Shore Limited, I should be able to park at the station and generally be okay until I return several days later?

I've lived around and parked in Cleveland for my whole life, so I do understand the inherent risks of leaving a car there (essentially hidden under an overpass beneath the city by the Waterfront line) for 9 days.

Hi! Does this mean that if I'm travelling out of Cleveland at 3:45 going to Chicago (well, on my way through to Portland) on the Lake Shore Limited, I should be able to park at the station and generally be okay until I return several days later?

I've lived around and parked in Cleveland for my whole life, so I do understand the inherent risks of leaving a car there (essentially hidden under an overpass beneath the city by the Waterfront line) for 9 days.

Yes, one of the few nice things that can be said about Lakefront Station is that there's free parking and always plenty of space in the lot, which is reasonably secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back