Closing my Amtrak Credit Card Account

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with FNBO has been pretty terrible so far.
Tried making a payment online and they claimed payment was "returned" and charged me a $25 returned payment fee.

Tried paying online again a month later and I just got an error message saying they couldn't process my payment online and that I would have to call.

I called and got put on hold multiple times and they wanted to send me a text message to my phone to "verify" my account despite the fact that there was no phone number even linked to my account. I finally told him to just cancel my account, they ended up waiving the $25 and couldn't explain why my payment was "returned" and why my bank had no record of them every even attempting to withdraw money to pay the bill.

I'm not going to deal with this headache every time I have to pay my bill.

My experience with FNBO has been pretty terrible so far.
Tried making a payment online and they claimed payment was "returned" and charged me a $25 returned payment fee.

Tried paying online again a month later and I just got an error message saying they couldn't process my payment online and that I would have to call.

I called and got put on hold multiple times and they wanted to send me a text message to my phone to "verify" my account despite the fact that there was no phone number even linked to my account. I finally told him to just cancel my account, they ended up waiving the $25 and couldn't explain why my payment was "returned" and why my bank had no record of them every even attempting to withdraw money to pay the bill.

I'm not going to deal with this headache every time I have to pay my bill.
Sorry hearing that. My experience with FNBO has been totally positive. My two phone calls were also satisfactory.
My wife and I each just had sucessful scheduled electronic payments made to the card from our home bank.

I am ready to cancel as well. It wasn't my idea to switch banks. Why did I get hit with a late fee for a payment I never knew about? I have received one harassing letter and one email. I've never has any issue with this card until FNBO came along.

Hate to say it, but that sounds like miskeyed routing and/or account numbers. That would explain why the bank designated by the routing number returned it. Either an entirely wrong bank got it if the mistake was in the routing number or your bank did not have an account matching the miskeyed account, either way the receiving bank had nothing to debit, resulting in a return. It would also explain why your bank had no record of them attempting to withdraw from your account, it never matched so there was no way your bank could associate it with you. FNBO then probably blocked that routing/account combination as invalid, so they would not process anything more against it.

It is easy to mess up those numbers. I did it once with an IRS payment!

Last edited:
Back