ClubAcela in Philadelphia hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
What are the hours for ClubAcela in Philadelphia? I’m supposed to arrive at 5:30 PM but my connection to the Keystone does leave until 9:35 PM. I’d like to spend as much time in ClubAcela as possible; there are a lot of unsavory characters at 30th Street.

The website says that it's open until 9pm but it might be worth calling to confirm (although who knows if Amtrak phone agents know, either).

It was nice in the old days when you could call someone you wanted to talk to, instead of being relegated to a national call center.
And then arm-wrestle Julie for five minutes before you can get in the queue to get to someone to talk to. :(

And then arm-wrestle Julie for five minutes before you can get in the queue to get to someone to talk to. :(
I just say "agent" until she gives up and transfers me. If she says "our agents are specialized" just say "agent" again, as usually if you say "reservation" she'll try to take you through the automated system.

The Keystones are unreserved so you should be able to connect to an earlier Keystone if your arriving train is on time

Do you think I should move up to the Keystone leaving at 6:45? The only thing I’m worried about is what if 92 arrives late?

I was able to change my reservation to Train 669, which leaves Philadelphia at 6:55. Was no charge. I think that will be better; I really don’t want to leave the safety of ClubAcela—especially after I was harassed by a schizophrenic homeless man there last year. In the main concourse, that is.

Back