Coach Cafe Pictures

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at future travel opportunities and the Heartland Flyer looks like a fun option for when I'm in Dallas visiting family. I noticed the consist is normally a coach/cafe + a couple of coaches + NPCU and loco. I don't see much online about the coach/cafe. Is it just a coach with an SSL like cafe on the bottom? Does anyone have pictures of one? Google seems to think I'm referring to generic coaches and cafes in general, not this specific combination.

It's a bit different than an SSL. Heres a picture I found, it's not good quality ubt it shows you what it's like. IIRC there were no seats when I was last on the HF a few years ago.

1632545225289.png

It's a bit different than an SSL. Heres a picture I found, it's not good quality ubt it shows you what it's like. IIRC there were no seats when I was last on the HF a few years ago.

View attachment 24527
I rode the Heartland Flyer in 2019 and the downstairs looked like that. There may have been seats downstairs, but there was no "seating" downstairs. Passengers brought their food upstairs to eat at their seats.

that clearly shows converted SL1 cars, but on the HF website, they say SL2... I'll put my money on the HF website being wrong, and your info being correct.
Even according to David Warner's records on OTOL, they are all Superliner I Coach conversions.

I rode the Heartland Flyer in 2019 and the downstairs looked like that. There may have been seats downstairs, but there was no "seating" downstairs. Passengers brought their food upstairs to eat at their seats.
Ditto.

Back