Coach seat on Silver Meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGal

I’m considering trading from Philadelphia to Orlando during the summer. If I have a coach seat with no one sitting next to me, how likely is it that it will be that way during the entire trip. I won’t have a travel companion, I’m not too keen on having someone next to me if I’ve fallen asleep. This will be the first long distance train trip for me.

I’m considering trading from Philadelphia to Orlando during the summer. If I have a coach seat with no one sitting next to me, how likely is it that it will be that way during the entire trip. I won’t have a travel companion, I’m not too keen on having someone next to me if I’ve fallen asleep. This will be the first long distance train trip for me.
I travel on the Silver Meteor quite often but in a sleeper. However, I often "walk the train." Based on my observations in the coach cars, my guess is that it is highly unlikely that you will be without a seatmate for your entire trip. In fact, you may have a seatmate for the entire trip.

You could have several though the trip. most Passengers do not travel the entire trip.

I don't know the exact arrangement on the Silver Meteor, but it is quite common on Amtrak's long-distance trains for the crew to direct coach passengers to particular cars based on their destination, even if all of the coaches are running through to Miami. So if your destination is in Florida, it's likely that anyone who sits next to you will also be bound for somewhere in Florida, as the passengers getting off in the Carolinas in the middle of the night will likely be grouped in a different coach for ease of getting them off the train without waking up all the through travelers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back