Coast Starlight 11/1433 Car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swc34

Train Attendant
I’m taking the starlight in a few days and I’m in the 33 sleeper so does this mean there are four sleepers in the holiday consist 30-33? In addition to the 11/1440 transition sleeper?

My recent train #14 (Dec16) had three sleepers and three coaches. I think I have also seen recent consists with as few as two sleepers or two coaches. Somebody posted in my trip report thread that a recent Starlight had four sleepers.

Really a bummer the PPC got sold off. The last few years (prior to Anderson) they had it right. Run them in the summers/winter holidays and once a week off season. Attract riders in the winter and diner relief at peak times. I think a strong marketing and maybe financial case could have been made to keep them in that limited service.
Post Anderson I hope a CCC cafe type car can be added at peak times for sleeper guests. I give zero credence to Anderson’s experimental BS talk. It’s my belief nothing good will happen until this management is history.

Back