Coast Starlight Disruptions Due to the Alisal Fire

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Cal

Foamer
Does anyone know if the fire has caused any major damages to the line? I know there's a trestle somewhere around there similar to the other one that was burned down over the summer, and I doubt UP would be so hasty to get this one repaired.

And I would hate for my Starlight trip to be delayed again due to a fire, or worse, cancelled.

TinCan782

Engineer
Does anyone know if the fire has caused any major damages to the line? I know there's a trestle somewhere around there similar to the other one that was burned down over the summer, and I doubt UP would be so hasty to get this one repaired.

And I would hate for my Starlight trip to be delayed again due to a fire, or worse, cancelled.
I heard that Pacific Surfliners and Coast Starlight are resuming tomorrow (Fri 10/15).
From the news, not Amtrak...

Last edited:

chubbycat

Train Attendant

Same here - I've booked my trip from LAX to SEA on 12/5

Reactions: Cal

Latest posts