Coast Starlight vs. Pacific Surfliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary B.

Does anyone know why the Business Class fare from LA to Santa Barbara is MORE expensive on the Surfliner than on the Starlight?
Thanks.

Surfliner probably sees more ridership in Business, being an intercity train, so the price is higher. Just my guess

Surfliner business is also better than Starlight business to most on this forum.

Surfliner probably sees more ridership in Business, being an intercity train, so the price is higher. Just my guess

Surfliner business is also better than Starlight business to most on this forum.
Thanks. Why do you say Surfliner business is better?

Does anyone know why the Business Class fare from LA to Santa Barbara is MORE expensive on the Surfliner than on the Starlight?
Thanks.
In the southbound direction especially, the Coast Starlight is subject to delays that don't affect the shorter trips of the Surfliners. That would affect demand.

Reactions: Cal
Thanks. Why do you say Surfliner business is better?
I would suspect that the BC seats on the Surfliner are more spacious/comfortable than the coach seats on the Surfliner. The business class seats on the starlight are the same Superliner coach seats that the coach passengers get. That's just my guess, as I haven't taken business class on either train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back