Coffee on the Superliner sleeper cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billosborn

Train Attendant
I am booked on a SL from Chicago to Sacramento in August and have a nice location upstairs in the center, near the coffee station. I believe that the coffee station in those cars as well as in the ViewLiners were suspended due to Covid.
Has anyone ridden in one recently and can verify if the service is back, or still suspended, either on the SuperLiners or ViewLiners?

I took Superliners a few times in the last 2 years (primarily because of Covid) and each time the coffee station in the sleepers were in operation. Typically the hours are in the morning only though (end around 11am?) unless your attendant likes to have the coffee going all day long. I only took the Empire Builder during this time however.

The last train I was on had a very helpful SCA for many reasons. He insisted on filling my travel mug with coffee from the dining car, because it was better than the coffee he was making in the sleeper.

Back