Coke or Pepsi?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Coke. I only drink diet pop now, and diet Coke to me is much more preferable than diet Pepsi. Oddly, when I drank regular pop, I much preferred Pepsi over Coke. Regular Coke, to me, tastes like varnish. (And, yes, as a result of childhood curiosity gone too far, I know what varnish tastes like.🤣🤣🤣)

Diet Cheerwine followed by flavored sparkling water is my favorite. Next is Sam's Club caffeine-free diet soda followed by Diet Coke (caffeine-free preferred). Pepsi is after sewer water.

But none of them are good for you as they are mostly water and water supports germs. Alcohol kills germs and tastes better than bleach as a Covid protectorant. ;)

I wish they'd go RC

As I child, the first and only soda that my brother and I were permitted to drink--and only at my Grandfather's house--was Royal Crown Cola. My Grandfather loved the stuff. I do recall that it was good. I haven't seen this in stores where I live for a long time.

Back when my wife was a little child her father (my FIL) used to deliver RC Cola. That was back when they used glass bottles and they were in wooden cases on the truck. He used to move two of those cases in each hand as he unloaded them from the truck.

1624214335136.png

But, I digress ... these are not used on Amtrak. So, I will either bring my own beverage or drink the
1624214443871.png

They really should be serving Dr. Brown's cream soda, black cherry soda and Cel-Ray Tonic. :)
I was scrolling down through these post and thinking nobody could possibly mention cream soda, or black cherry soda. And lo and behold, A couple of choices from back in the day, that always sounded good. But I Never got any satisfaction from.

Diet Black Cheery cola my wife's favorite. I blame Pepsi and southern sweet tea in my youth for my diabetes problem now. Was able to postpone problems going to coke and unsweetened tea . New coke ugh way too sweet.

Back