Colorado Pacific Tennessee Pass Proposal

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

ShiningTimeStL

Train Attendant

Is this just some kind of crazy bluff, or what? When was the last time a private common carrier railroad actually proposed starting up their own passenger service? Gee, Colorado sure seems like the place to be for serious investment in American railroads.

Mailliw

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporter
Well, there's Brightline in Florida & California/Nevada and Texas Central Railway in Texas, but both of those are new companies instead of existing railroads.

sttom

OBS Chief
It would make sense as a tourist line, but as a regularly scheduled service? That sounds like a big if in the middle of nowhere. I would assume its a bluff for something else and a passenger train for a while is probably the thing they want to use as a carrot for regulators.

me_little_me

Conductor
AU Lifetime Supporter
Well, there's Brightline in Florida & California/Nevada and Texas Central Railway in Texas, but both of those are new companies instead of existing railroads.
True about TC and Brighline West but Brightline in Florida came from FEC even if it was created by semi-cloning then separating and without FEC agreeing to share the track and the scheduling, they would not be where they are.

ShiningTimeStL

Train Attendant
Should have specified that it's the first freight carrying railroad to propose this in a long time. Didn't realize that Brightline could be considered a passenger-only "common carrier" (?)