Combining AGR points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you can combine them, but you probably can work with an agent to pay for part of the trip with yours and continue the trip with your wife's points. If you have to split the cost in the middle of a trip on one train, you'd need the agent to do it to make sure you stay in the same room for the whole trip.

I don't think you can combine them, but you probably can work with an agent to pay for part of the trip with yours and continue the trip with your wife's points. If you have to split the cost in the middle of a trip on one train, you'd need the agent to do it to make sure you stay in the same room for the whole trip.
Thanks Amtrak Blue. Hope it works

I have enough pts to book SFC-CHI and my wife has enough for CHI-NYP. I just want the connection in Chicago to be guaranteed. There's plenty of time in Chicago as the LSL doesn't depart until 9:30 but I'll sleep easier knowing that's it's guaranteed.
I think you can get them to “connect” the reservations.

I use my wife's points for leg (reservation) of a trip and mine for another or cash for another.
If one of us is short on points, I'll move points from one of us to the other...there is a fee for doing this.

Hubby and I do the "He pays for one leg, she pays for the other." I've also done the "points for part, and cash for the rest." Just call in to Guest Rewards and speak to a live agent. They will "link" the reservations for you so that the connection will be guaranteed.

The only time you need to actually transfer points and pay a transfer fee (usually collected as a percentage, in points) is when you don't have enough in an account for a whole leg of the trip. If each of you has enough for one leg, there's no fee for this.

Back