Composition of train sets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

friendly45

Train Attendant
Good evening everybody

I'm looking for an old thread published a few months ago. The subject was the composition of train sets for the long distance Amtrak lines (I'm not sure of the exact words in English). Do you known what I mean? And someone could help me to localize this buried topic? (or give me the information again: I'm looking for CZ, CS and EB).

Thanks in advance for your help

Good evening everybody

I'm looking for an old thread published a few months ago. The subject was the composition of train sets for the long distance Amtrak lines (I'm not sure of the exact words in English). Do you known what I mean? And someone could help me to localize this buried topic? (or give me the information again: I'm looking for CZ, CS and EB).

Thanks in advance for your help
Is it this? I found this to be very useful:

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbers/

That must be it - I recently had viewed the various trains and found it to be helpful.

We are taking the CZ Westbound in three weeks. What is the current configuration upon departing Denver - . Is it two locomotives + baggage, Transdorm, coach, coach, coach, SSL, Dining car, Sleeper, Sleeper? I have heard the the sleepers are on the rear (nice), and are there any additional Chicago to Denver cars. We actually get on in Chicago, and we go all the way to Sacramento.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this up not to long ago. It's intent was for people making up Amtrak consists for Auran Trainz to be able to make a fairly realistic train...

AmtrakConsists.png

I based the consist information (for the ones not near me) off from a number of various websites; and any disrepancies I tried to take the middle oad.

RE the CS; I have stated that rough guides and that the actual train on any given day may vary. I would say that having an extra Sleeping car fits in an acceptable margin of "error".

THIS DRAWING WAS AND IS IN NO WAY THE ACTUAL CONSISTS USED EVERY DAY! AMTRAK TRAINS CONSISTS VARY FROM DAY TO DAY.

peter

Aside from the fact that I think you have too many coaches on both sections of the LSL, the big issue is that you need to flip the NY consist around. The bag is at the rear of the train, followed by the sleepers, diner, and then the coaches next to the engines for the NY-ALB part of the trip. Then the Boston section is backed down on the NY coaches to make up the train going west to Chicago.

The Vermonter is missing from the list. It should be:

P42 - ABC - AC - AC - AC- AC - P42

or, south of New Haven

AEM7/HHP8 - ABC - AC - AC - AC - AC

I made this up not to long ago. It's intent was for people making up Amtrak consists for Auran Trainz to be able to make a fairly realistic train...

AmtrakConsists.png
The CL should be B, TS, S, S, D, SSL, C, C, C.
The Coast Starlight as of last Friday/Saturday when I rode it southbound was:

B TS S S S PPC D SSL C C C
I've yet to see 4 rev sleepers on the City including the tans-dorm...just where is this info coming from ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back