Concept 2000 refurbishments are happening

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
While I was entering Consist information into my computer today (from my trips on 03/08/03-03/09/03) I noticed several changes in car interiors. Amfleet II 25024 has been upgraded from it's 70's style interior to business class standards within the past 7 months. As for the other car, it is the 25015. In the past 9 months it has recieved new cushions, but the rest of the car is still in its 70's decor. While the improvements are slow, they are happening to the rest of the fleet. :D

Good to hear!!! The cars getting a full refurbishment, are they getting the gray/white walls and blue curtains? Also, when you say new cushions, does this mean the seats got new upolstery or the old covers slipped back on? Any updates on the Amfleet II Lounge refurbs?

Amfleet said:
Good to hear!!! The cars getting a full refurbishment, are they getting the gray/white walls and blue curtains? Also, when you say new cushions, does this mean the seats got new upolstery or the old covers slipped back on? Any updates on the Amfleet II Lounge refurbs?
Well, I hope I'll see these tomorrow. :D

I think like Battalion said earlier, the lounges are after the coaches. Are the new cars in Phase IVB?

Viewliner said:
I think like Battalion said earlier, the lounges are after the coaches. Are the new cars in Phase IVB?
Tomorrow? I thought you were leaving on Friday. :unsure:

AlanB said:
Viewliner said:
I think like Battalion said earlier, the lounges are after the coaches.  Are the new cars in Phase IVB?
Tomorrow? I thought you were leaving on Friday. :unsure:
Nope, tomorrow.

I get to miss school on friday. :D

AlanB said:
Viewliner said:
I get to miss school on friday. :D
Oh well, I'm sure that you'll survive. :D

Besides quality time with the family is just as important as school.
...and quality time on the Train (and in a Viewliner B) :D :) ) I hope I get to see 2301 (62091) again.

Well Viewliner your equipment is rather late. It was about two hours late arriving into JAX today, but then again so was 92. Engine 123 was the leader today, and Gulf View 62011 was one of the sleepers.

I have a couple of photos of 28005, the prototype lounge. I don't remember whether Viewliner has them on his site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back