Continental Airlines Chase mastercard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_MontanaJim_*

anybody have the continental airlines chase mastercard? ive heard that it costs $85.00 and you get 15,000 points, which can be transferred to amtrak points. If there are no strings attached, sounds like a great deal. Anyone know about this?

anybody have the continental airlines chase mastercard? ive heard that it costs $85.00 and you get 15,000 points, which can be transferred to amtrak points. If there are no strings attached, sounds like a great deal. Anyone know about this?
Yes its true, I did it last year, the points were transfered to Amtrak GR, easily and within a week or two. I think the card is or was even fee free for the first year so you can cancel after the free year and not pay anything.

Where would I go to find this card? Also, at 15,000 points, does anyone here have an idea of how much that would be dollors wise? I don't want to pay for points if it doesn't equal what the points would be. Thanks!

Unless you're flipping cards, the Starwood Amex at 10,000 points and a $30 annual fee is a better choice. You can transfer from SPG to AGR and just about any airline worth talking about, as well as get hotel rooms. So it adds a lot of flexibility.

And if you are flipping cards, you need to carefully consider how that's going to impact your credit.

Where would I go to find this card? Also, at 15,000 points, does anyone here have an idea of how much that would be dollors wise? I don't want to pay for points if it doesn't equal what the points would be. Thanks!
RR,

I'm not quite sure just what you're asking here, but hopefully this will help. If you wanted to accumulate 15,000 AGR points by just riding Amtrak, then assuming no double/triple point promotions, assuming that you're not a Select or Select Plus member, that every ticket that you buy cost at least $50, and that you take no rides on Acela, then you would have to spend $7,500 to rack up 15,000 points.

If you're asking about how much 15,000 is worth in terms of a roomette, then you really have to price out each route when the train is near sold out for a one zone roomette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back