Continental Chase Credit card for 50K miles ==> 50K AGR points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJL

Service Attendant
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50

This is a good deal if you've got the credit score for it, and have never had a Continental credit card before.

Continental transfers to AGR 1:1 for now, anyway. No fee for the first year, and you can cancel it after you've made your one purchase and your points are posted. I wouldn't wait to transfer though.

If you to play more of the credit card & frequent flyer miles game, this is a good website http://thepointsguy.com/top-deals/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went for this one, was super painless. Points posted from Chase on first statement and Continental transferred them to AGR with no questions asked. The only downside was Continental rewards does not have a 1-800 number and I was on hold for almost 20 minutes long distance.

Much easier than trying to get the 36k matching offer from AGR, only ended up getting 27k out of that one. Chase came through but AGR didn't.

I just went for this one, was super painless. Points posted from Chase on first statement and Continental transferred them to AGR with no questions asked. The only downside was Continental rewards does not have a 1-800 number and I was on hold for almost 20 minutes long distance.

Much easier than trying to get the 36k matching offer from AGR, only ended up getting 27k out of that one. Chase came through but AGR didn't.
I was looking at this offer as well,but I had a question about transfering points. Do you have to be an AGR Select member to transfer points to your account?

I was looking at this offer as well,but I had a question about transfering points. Do you have to be an AGR Select member to transfer points to your account?
You only need to be a Select or Select Plus member, or have the Amtrak credit card, to transfer points out of your AGR account. There are no restrictions on what you can transfer into your AGR account.

Wifey got a Continental card and I just booked a trip KWD - SEA for us. I got a United Card for the SEA - ALN return. In Bedrooms of course.

Back