Cool Video I have Not Seen Posted Here!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zepherdude

OBS Chief
http://blog.amtrak.com/2013/10/new-long-distance-cars-video/

Watch! New Long Distance Carsby Amtrak Oct 24, 2013
Customers traveling long distances on the East Coast can expect some big upgrades. Specifically 130 new long distance cars! Here's a sneak peek of what exactly we have in store for you.

Manufactured right in Elmira, N.Y. by CAF USA, the new sleeper cars, dining cars and baggage cars will begin riding the rails by 2014. Not only do the new cars make traveling America by train even more memorable, they also put people to work. We're pretty proud of that.

Thank you for the great video!

The newly designed diner cars and the seemingly matching colors in the sleepers are very nice. However, I wonder if there will ever be new Viewliner-style lounge cars pressed into service. Perhaps the older lounges and coach cars will be refurbished to match the colors now displayed in the new Viewliners.

The new name Amtrak America, shown on the Viewliner exterior near the door along with the original logo is very interesting. It is as if Amtrak is showing a bit of pride-in-heritage as it showcases the latest equipment for the future and perhaps a new service commitment to our nation. Very smart... and a cool benchmark for a new ad campaign which should draw some major attention to Amtrak.

I like the hopeful message that it brings to people that rely on Amtrak for safe, comfortable and cost-effective transportation.

But of course we cant forget the railfans who are pleased with this new news, especially those who frequent the east coast trains. Get your colored Christmas lights ready to decorate those new Viewliner roomettes and alert the media. The Superliner versus Viewliner roomette disco-light competition starts soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video, I hadn't put two and two together before now, but my grandfather grew up just north of Elmira in a little crossroads called Catharine. So I kind of have ties to the area! Not sure about the seat color, maybe it will grow on me. Heck, if I get to ride in a new car, I think it will be my favorite Amtrak color in pretty short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back