Cost Effective Roomette for a trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a circle trip coming up in two weeks Phl-Chi on a NE Regional and the Cap Ltd,Chi-Lax on the Texas Eagle,back on the Southwest Chief to Chi,the Lake Shore to Springfield,Ma. on the Lake Shore and a connection to New Haven and a NE Regional back to Philly. Roomettes on the Texas Eagle and SW Chief. Coach for the Eastern trains. I could never justify the sleeper prices on the Eastern trains,but now with a guarantee of two seats to yourself,the prospect of coach overnight is much more appealing.

I have done two circle trips in the last three months. Asides from the downgraded food service and mask wearing,I have found there is not much difference in riding. Actually a sleeper is one of the safest ways to travel. I used points for the Chicago LA trips during a three day points sale last month. A little over 32,000 points round trip in a roomette was a pretty good deal.

As I mentioned,I would always avoid overnight in Coach and grudgingly pay for a roomette on the overly priced Eastern trains,but now with the guarantee of having the seat next to you open,that makes all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back