Covid Mask Mandate for Transportation

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Props to the Amtrak spokesperson for using the correct version of preventive.

I think Amtrak needs a robust HEPA filtration system similar to what modern aircraft use. I've been annoyed by their endless focus on disinfectant sprays since that has jack all to do with spreading C19.
I'd love to see this as well.

pennyk

51 year Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
This thread has been temporarily locked again. We are in the process of removing political, off topic and unfriendly posts (which may not occur immediately since it is late in the Eastern Time Zone).

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

pennyk

51 year Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
DOJ appeals federal ruling on transportation mask mandate

The Justice Department on Wednesday appealed a ruling by a federal judge that struck down the mask mandate for mass transportation, following a recommendation by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"It is CDC's continuing assessment that at this time an order requiring masking in the indoor transportation corridor remains necessary for the public health," the CDC said in a statement. "CDC will continue to monitor public health conditions to determine whether such an order remains necessary. CDC believes this is a lawful order, well within CDC's legal authority to protect public health."

For those in, or arriving in Los Angeles County, masks are back beginning Friday, April 22.
In reading this, it appears the order would include LA Union Station.
Airlines are not affected by this so, I believe Amtrak will not be affected either (until you arrive).

Status
Not open for further replies.