CPAP in a superliner roomette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having been on CPAP therapy since 1992, last March I had to go with it for 3 nights because I had left my mask/headgear in an enroute hotel. The lack made my days miserable, I really could tell the difference. Happily, that hotel found my mask and headgear and FedEx'd it to me at the hotel I was staying at.

PS, after that, when I got my mask/headgear replaced, I stuffed the old one into my suitcase where it now permanently resides. So if I lose it again, I'll at least have my old, mungy one.

Anyone have experience with a cpap in a superliner roomette? Tips? Tricks? Is it possible?

Many thanks for your thoughts!
My wife and I have traveled Amtrak in both Superliner Roomettes and Bedrooms with CPAPs and there has never been an issue other than the one time in the middle of the night when the engine struck an object on the tracks and lost power. We were sucking our masks when we realized what had happened, LOL. I have a travel CPAP that I use in all my travels. They are small and very convenient. Tips? Bring a power strip since Amtrak rooms only provide 1 outlet.

Back