crescant 19 roomette car number 11 room 5

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TishaNola

Train Attendant
Has anyone ever traveled in the 11th car room 5 ?

I am thinking it will be at the very end of the train.

Is that far from the dinning car and showers ?

The "11" car is not necessarily the 11th car on the train. I do not know how the crescent sleepers are numbered, but my guess is that the first car before the diner is the 10 car and the second car before the diner is the 11 car. (at least that is the way it is on the Silvers). Likely, you will be no further than 2 cars away from the dining car. There will be a shower in your sleeper car (to be shared with other passengers in roomettes).

In Viewliners, I like odd numbered rooms, so I think 5 will be a good one.

ALSO I am a non smoker what is the amtrak smoking rules do passengers smoke in the roomettes?

The "11" car is not necessarily the 11th car on the train. I do not know how the crescent sleepers are numbered, but my guess is that the first car before the diner is the 10 car and the second car before the diner is the 11 car. (at least that is the way it is on the Silvers). Likely, you will be no further than 2 cars away from the dining car. There will be a shower in your sleeper car (to be shared with other passengers in roomettes).

Awesome

Smoking is not permitted on Amtrak trains, with one exception to that rule. That exception is the Auto Train which makes no stops and therefore provides a special area within the lounge cars for smokers.

But otherwise, someone caught smoking on a train at best can hope for 1 warning before getting tossed off the train; worst case they get tossed with no warning. At certain select stops passengers desiring to smoke are allowed to step off the train onto the platform at a station for a quick smoke.

ALSO I am a non smoker what is the amtrak smoking rules do passengers smoke in the roomettes?
no smoking on the train at all (at least that is the rule)

Awesome
The 11 car, i.e. car 1911 will most likely be the car right behind the baggage car, that is it is the first passenger carrying car of the train on the Crescent. Ahead of you will be the baggage car and two P-42 diesel locomotives between Washington and New Orleans. Between New York and Washington there will (usually) be a single electric locomotive instead of the two diesels.

Behind you will be the "10" car i.e. Sleeper 1910, followed by the Diner and the Lounge, with 4 Amfleet II Coaches bringing up the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

They throw smokers off the train while it's moving. They do make an announcement so everyone else can watch the Thump! Thump! as the smoker bounces along. Much better than the plane where you are going so fast, you barely see them falling after being pushed out the doorway. Best is on the non-smoking cruise ships where they play that neat drum roll as the smoker is made to walk the plank. Or in NYC which has become non-smoking almost everywhere and you get to watch smokers pushed off the Brooklyn Bridge although the guy that just bought it said he was going to cut that out.

They throw smokers off the train while it's moving. They do make an announcement so everyone else can watch the Thump! Thump! as the smoker bounces along. Much better than the plane where you are going so fast, you barely see them falling after being pushed out the doorway. Best is on the non-smoking cruise ships where they play that neat drum roll as the smoker is made to walk the plank. Or in NYC which has become non-smoking almost everywhere and you get to watch smokers pushed off the Brooklyn Bridge although the guy that just bought it said he was going to cut that out.
CUTE :)

also thanks a bunch for letting me know how the 1911 car is situated I wanted to watch a youtube video and see the car from the outside :)

With any luck you will have Claude as your car attendant. He is assigned to car 1911 and provides stellar service. Hope you will have him on this run.

also thanks a bunch for letting me know how the 1911 car is situated I wanted to watch a youtube video and see the car from the outside :)
Here's a video of #19. You can see car 1911 directly behind the bag, followed by 1910, the diner, lounge, and 4 coaches.
Very Awesome and I will check to see if i get that attendant I need to get a little note book going :)

I have not been this excited since I took my daughter and her best friend camping at the start of the summer.

Traveling as a single mom is sometimes honestly really fun if im prepared right

Very Awesome and I will check to see if i get that attendant I need to get a little note book going :)

I have not been this excited since I took my daughter and her best friend camping at the start of the summer.

Good for you! Have a wonderful trip.

Turns out that a bunch of us traveling on the Crescent #19 later today to Atlanta, and I am in the 1911 car with several others. Rest of the group is in the 1910 car.

Turns out that a bunch of us traveling on the Crescent #19 later today to Atlanta, and I am in the 1911 car with several others. Rest of the group is in the 1910 car.
Thats pretty cool ! Enjoy the 1911 car ! I hope I do :)

The trip went well and we got into Atlanta over 20 mins ahead of schedule this morning!

Hilarious - you must write for some of those really cool TV shows we all watch

watch smokers pushed off the Brooklyn Bridge although the guy that just bought it said he was going to cut that out.
Aloha

Wonder if that guy is the same one I sold that bridge to in the early 60's :giggle: :lol: :help:

No, it is the same guy that I sold that Florida land to, you know the property about 20 miles south of Key West!

:help: :giggle: :wacko:

The trip went well and we got into Atlanta over 20 mins ahead of schedule this morning!
Thats awesome did the Air work good on the 1911 ?

When I rode the Crescent at Christmas time last year the sleepers were behind the dining car. 2 engines, baggage car, 4 coaches, lounge car, dining car, sleepers in the rear. 10 first then the 11. I thought they did it so we wouldn't hear the train whistle as loudly....

When I rode the Crescent at Christmas time last year the sleepers were behind the dining car. 2 engines, baggage car, 4 coaches, lounge car, dining car, sleepers in the rear. 10 first then the 11. I thought they did it so we wouldn't hear the train whistle as loudly....
No, that change has been happening during the winter to help cut down on switching cars in the cold weather in the yard in NY. Putting the sleepers on the rear makes all the consists (order of the train cars) the same for all trains and allows the yard in NY to ensure that every consist does a run to the warmer south to thaw after making the run to/from Chicago.

i am so excited about m up coming trip less then two weeks away now.

i decided to up grade to business class from petersburg to gro

i think my 9 year old and i will enjoy the extra space.

then we get to get our roomette from gro to new orleans !

I did indeed have Claude as my attendant , He was awesome very alive and full of energy. He let my daughter keep her top bunk down all the way until we got to Mississippi then he put it up to be ready to go into the station. Breakfast was really skimpy but lunch and dinner was great.

I figured out how to make the air coming from vents by the window blow on me while i was sleeping and that helped my night go smoother.

The dining car was so hot at dinner time it was unreal.

over all though i loved my train ride and cant wait until oct . to go to chicago.

They did lose my suitcase :( im glad it was coming home though since i had clothes at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back