Crescent southbound of Jan17 6 hr delay?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Phil S

OBS Chief
Looks like it sat 6 hrs between Lynchburg and Danville. Nothing on TO and no news of derail. Disabled freight? Arriving much later, the northbound Crescent got through with only a 1 hr delay. Some nice daylight mileage for #19!

I'm on that train. The story is trees down blocking the tracks in multiple places between Lynchburg & Danville last night. Rolling along nicely now, and as you say, I actually get to see the Carolinas and Georgia now! I tried to cheer up my fellow passengers at breakfast this morning -- not sure if I succeeded but I think the smiley toddler at the next table sure did.

I should add that there was extremely wet, heavy snow in the area following a lot of rain. Only 3-4 inches of snow, it looked like, but you could see how heavy it was by all the bending tree limbs. I'm guessing that's somewhat unusual for the area.

Phil S

OBS Chief
I'm on that train. The story is trees down blocking the tracks in multiple places between Lynchburg & Danville last night. Rolling along nicely now, and as you say, I actually get to see the Carolinas and Georgia now! I tried to cheer up my fellow passengers at breakfast this morning -- not sure if I succeeded but I think the smiley toddler at the next table sure did.
Thanks. I hope the delay doesn't cause you problems.