Crescent southbound of Jan17 6 hr delay?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Looks like it sat 6 hrs between Lynchburg and Danville. Nothing on TO and no news of derail. Disabled freight? Arriving much later, the northbound Crescent got through with only a 1 hr delay. Some nice daylight mileage for #19!

I'm on that train. The story is trees down blocking the tracks in multiple places between Lynchburg & Danville last night. Rolling along nicely now, and as you say, I actually get to see the Carolinas and Georgia now! I tried to cheer up my fellow passengers at breakfast this morning -- not sure if I succeeded but I think the smiley toddler at the next table sure did.

I should add that there was extremely wet, heavy snow in the area following a lot of rain. Only 3-4 inches of snow, it looked like, but you could see how heavy it was by all the bending tree limbs. I'm guessing that's somewhat unusual for the area.

I'm on that train. The story is trees down blocking the tracks in multiple places between Lynchburg & Danville last night. Rolling along nicely now, and as you say, I actually get to see the Carolinas and Georgia now! I tried to cheer up my fellow passengers at breakfast this morning -- not sure if I succeeded but I think the smiley toddler at the next table sure did.
Thanks. I hope the delay doesn't cause you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back