Currently open food options ay NY Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailliw

OBS Chief
I'm taking the Carolinian to North Carolina on Thursday with my parents to visit my brother. I know the only place actually open right now in the Moynihan train hall is Starbucks. Does anyone know what food options are open across the street on the old concourses where we could grab food to eat on the train? For some reason this info is hard to find.

One thing I learned on our quick trips to Manhattan is wherever you are, go outside, and walk around the block. You'll find a bagel place, or a pizza place, or a fast food place, or a bakery, or one of the numerous takeout shops where you can customize a takeout order. This last category often featured buffet offerings, I'm not a buffet fan but if they had that, they also had a counter where you could order. Very popular with police so I imagined the food is safe and clean. There's a place called Essex, or Essen, or something with an E in it... think it's on 8th St. and you can get most any type of take out there for your trip, ranging from made to order salads, to noodle bowls, to hot and cold sandwiches, to desserts... to beverages... etc. It was open in May which was nice to see, so should be there now!

Back