CZ and SC in Mendota, IL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal

Engineer
Apologies if it has been posted before, but why does the chief stop at Mendota but the Zephyr doesn't? I don't think it would hurt Amtrak to add a quick stop for the Zephyr there.

I believe it's historical, from when the two trains ran on separate routes between Chicago and Galesburg - not even sharing a station there.
Could be...the SWC stopped in Joliet, Streator, and Chillicothe...passengers from those lost stops, could use alternatively: Naperville, Mendota, or Galesburg now.
As for the CZ or the SFZ in Amtrak's history, it also stopped at one time in Mendota, When the Illinois Zephyr was added later, it took over some of the local stops.

Could be...the SWC stopped in Joliet, Streator, and Chillicothe...passengers from those lost stops, could use alternatively: Naperville, Mendota, or Galesburg now.
As for the CZ or the SFZ in Amtrak's history, it also stopped at one time in Mendota, When the Illinois Zephyr was added later, it took over some of the local stops.
Hm, okay. Thanks.

Iirc correctly the San Francisco Zephyr never stopped in Mendoza or Princeton. It ran nonstop forum Aurora to Galesburg. I think the Princeton stop was added when Amtrak switched from Aurora to Naperville in the 1990s.

Back