CZ flooding alternative

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bretton88

Conductor
So flooding risk has become high as the snow melts in Iowa. My parents in 2 weeks are taking the CZ from OMA-CHI on coach. What is the risk for the CZ? Will they detour onto the UP line through northern Iowa (actually that might be cool)? Will they get bustituted or will the train get canceled? I know this was a problem last year and forgot what Amtrak did. Any reassurances or answers would be nice. Thanks, I really want my parents to have a great Amtrak experience!

So flooding risk has become high as the snow melts in Iowa. My parents in 2 weeks are taking the CZ from OMA-CHI on coach. What is the risk for the CZ? Will they detour onto the UP line through northern Iowa (actually that might be cool)? Will they get bustituted or will the train get canceled? I know this was a problem last year and forgot what Amtrak did. Any reassurances or answers would be nice. Thanks, I really want my parents to have a great Amtrak experience!
They have deotoured over the UP line many times in the past, unless of course thiings get so bad that it is also flooded. Keep checking Amtraks service advisories for any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back