CZ has been affected by the virus

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

niemi24s

Conductor
AmSnag only returned data beginning 04/11/20 or 04/13/20 when making a 30 day search beginning today for travel from CHI to EMY. Arrow showed "Cancelled" the next two weeks. But AmSnag and Arrow both showed unbroken service from CHI as far as DEN - but no farther West.

Snow? Tunnel collapse?

Trogdor

Conductor
I’m told it may be lack of operating crew at a base (possibly COVID-related, but don’t know for sure).

niemi24s

Conductor
While using AmSnag searching for fares for the CZ, I noticed there was no service to points West of Denver from Chicago for the next two weeks. Arrow showed those dates as "Cancelled". In addition, no CZ service out of EMY during that period.

Q: Problem with Arrow or problem along the route?

Last edited:

Steve4031

Conductor
AU Supporter
I saw a post on Facebook that stated service was canceled between Reno and Denver. This not an official Amtrak source. It was noted that at least one Amtrak employee Had caught the virus.

Steve4031

Conductor
AU Supporter
There is already a thread with a link to Amtrak making this official.

MODERATOR NOTE: a second thread was merged into this thread

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor
Crew shortage due to an employee testing positive for coronavirus; according to the latest official update service will be provided west of Reno as well, although the app is showing it as cancelled.

AmtrakBlue

Conductor
Gathering Team Member
Crew shortage due to an employee testing positive for coronavirus; according to the latest official update service will be provided west of Reno as well, although the app is showing it as cancelled.
An Amtrak employee on FB, who is a reliable source, says no service west of Denver. He’s trying to get the service alert updated.