CZ lateness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could possibly be still the UP track work. At one time, due to the conditions, Amtrak and UP agreed to lengthen the CZ's schedule, which they did. Recently, as agreed, they started to revert back to the "old" schedule. But I see that the CZ is as late (or later) than before!

Interestingly, I see that #6 is usually late into SAC! And all it has to do is go "the few miles" from origination in EMY to SAC! :rolleyes:

It could possibly be still the UP track work. At one time, due to the conditions, Amtrak and UP agreed to lengthen the CZ's schedule, which they did. Recently, as agreed, they started to revert back to the "old" schedule. But I see that the CZ is as late (or later) than before!
Interestingly, I see that #6 is usually late into SAC! And all it has to do is go "the few miles" from origination in EMY to SAC! :rolleyes:
Then it's 80 minutes late to Reno??? :huh:

The CZ is: What it is! Living in LNK, I track it everday and most of the time do a big sigh when I see how late it is. It sucks! There's no other way to put it. I'm grateful to have Amtrak service 5 minutes from my front door, I'm grateful that I have one of or the best routes when it comes to scenery just 5 minutes from my door, but the OTP is just pathetic. Recently the Singles Ministry Coordinator sent me an e-mail about getting a group picture of the 43 of us at the LNK Train Station. The person we put in charge of taking pictures is worried that at 4:43 am, there won't be enough light. I had to e-mail the Singles Coordinator back and tell her that "with the way its been running lately, we will have plenty of light". The CZ getting from LNK to CHI before 6pm will be ideal for us or otherwise we will lose a big chunk of our first night in CHI. Allthough, a friend of mine recently tried to fly from Newark to KC and it took him two days due to thunderstorms. I just wished the CZ could be moderately on time. Also, the #5 has been late alot as well and thats all BN rail from CHI-LNK. :huh:

Talked to a railroader today and he says the CZ is getting delayed around SLC due to tie work that they are doing there. Hanging it up around 2 hours average per day. Should be done with the tie work very soon according to my source. Also, the #6 that was gravely late this week had engine trouble, tie work around SLC and then got nickeled and dimed as well making it so late. Hopefully things will smooth out soon for your trip and mine as well!

Al

Talked to a railroader today and he says the CZ is getting delayed around SLC due to tie work that they are doing there. Hanging it up around 2 hours average per day. Should be done with the tie work very soon according to my source. Also, the #6 that was gravely late this week had engine trouble, tie work around SLC and then got nickeled and dimed as well making it so late. Hopefully things will smooth out soon for your trip and mine as well!
Al
Thanx Al,

During tese busy times, what in the world do they do with all the pax missing connections to the east??? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a call from Amtrak a while back, informing me that the arrival time at Emeryville for the CZ I'll be on had been moved up by 40 minutes. I resisted the urge to laugh out loud and yell "Fat chance!"

When we rode it this spring it arrived about 10 minutes late as I recall. I was impressed since I had read so many horror stories about the on time performance.

yup i just did and i called and talked to the one cab company who said there are some waiting usually so thats good my last piece of planning just got taken care of lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back