CZ Service Disruption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any one know what is causing the Delays on the Zephyr? I know Burlington is flooded but the delays seem to be around Omaha. Is that flooding too? We are supposed to be on it this weekend from Mount Pleasant to Chicago but are thinking about changing to the SW Chief out of Ft. Madison. How's the Chief running?

Does any one know what is causing the Delays on the Zephyr? I know Burlington is flooded but the delays seem to be around Omaha. Is that flooding too? We are supposed to be on it this weekend from Mount Pleasant to Chicago but are thinking about changing to the SW Chief out of Ft. Madison. How's the Chief running?
The Chief is having OTP problems due to Freight Congestion and bad weather in the Midwest. I'd CALL Amtrak on this one, you might want to consider flying or delaying the trip if possible till things improve.( The Texas Eagle and CONO are also having Cancellations and Delays due to Flooding and Freight Congestion!)

We can drive to Chicago if we need to we're only 4 hours away We're connecting to the CONO and are going to deal with that bus mess too. If the Zephyr runs like it has been we'll miss the connection. Delaying all together isn't an option and I'm pretty sure flying would be ridiculous pricing at this point.

Most of the delay notifications have given freight interference as the reason. My guess is that freights are being rerouted due to the flooding, and clogging the tracks.

I'm actually sitting on the CZ right now in Chicago, waiting to depart. We've been delayed 75 minutes so far due to an a/c problem on one of the sleepers.

Back