CZ Train #6 Left EMY on 23 April

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I boarded the east bound California Zephyr from Emeryville to Chicago. I am in the sleeping car.

Outside Davis, CA we stopped for a bit, were going to help out a train that had mechanical issues. We were about to hook up when the crew was able to fix the issue, so with a slight delay we were on the way.

This is the first time I’m taking a sleeper train. So far it has been great. Only issue I had was the interconnecting door between my room and the next, it was banging and rattling when the train got going. However I was able to fix it with the help of the attendant by wedging a few coat hangers. The on-board staff so far are amazing!

Having a good time so far. Will update this post as I go along.

This morning I boarded the east bound California Zephyr from Emeryville to Chicago. I am in the sleeping car.

Outside Davis, CA we stopped for a bit, were going to help out a train that had mechanical issues. We were about to hook up when the crew was able to fix the issue, so with a slight delay we were on the way.

This is the first time I’m taking a sleeper train. So far it has been great. Only issue I had was the interconnecting door between my room and the next, it was banging and rattling when the train got going. However I was able to fix it with the help of the attendant by wedging a few coat hangers. The on-board staff so far are amazing!

Having a good time so far. Will update this post as I go along.

Coat Hangers??? Please include Instructions, LOL!!!!

Thanks for the comments

1) Get 2 Hangers
2) Wedge them at the top and bottom of the interconnecting door

Results may vary

See the photos attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Car attendants are so creative. :)

On my CZ trip, I had a terrible squeak coming from somewhere behind the head of the opposite seat in my roomette. I tried everything but couldn't locate the source well enough to fix it.

Finally, my car attendant realized he could sort of hear it in his room. He had me push on my side of the wall while he pushed on his. We figured out it was coming from the wall itself.

His solution was to put both upper bunks down and then shove a bunch of washcloths behind the side that touched the shared wall. Voila! No more squeaking.

We both lost the ability to walk around in our room, but it was worth it not to hear that squeak for the entire trip. He was busy with Official Car Attendant Duties anyway, and he told me I could sit in any of the empty roomettes if I wanted more space (or a view from the other side of the train).

It's been four years. I really need to write that trip report. :oops: He was one of the best car attendants I've ever had.

Back