CZ turn around and bridge fire

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( . I was wondering what happened to 5 & 6. I'm supposed to be on 5 leaving on Sunday.

Hi folks - I'm a first time forum user with a question about an alert I received last night (11/17/2011).

I received the email (below) from amtrakacn.com last night saying that my trip next Monday heading east out of Denver (California Zephyr - train 006) was cancelled due to a service disruption. I called customer service and they didn't have any information that would corroborate the email. Has this happened to others before? Who do I believe - Customer service or the email.....

Thanks - any advice/suggestions are welcome.

Tim

Email from Amtrakacn.com:

Our records indicate that you are scheduled to depart on Amtrak Train number 0006 from Denver-COLORADO at 7:10PM on Monday November 21 and arriving in Burlington-IOWA.

That schedule has been cancelled due to a service disruption. There is no alternate service available. To speak to a customer service representative about travel options such as selecting another date or destination call us at 8772319448 at your earliest convenience.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being a valued Amtrak customer.

Sincerely,

Amtrak

One of our members, Green Mane Lion, posted that he was returining to CHI on #5 due to a Bridge Fire! Call Amtrak, thery should have this info, sounds like Major Trackwork or Reroutes might be coming up for the Zephyr!\

Edited to reflect correct City! :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he said they were returning to Chicago. I'm due to be on 5 on Sun and have not received any notification ...yet. I'm hoping they can detour around the problem.

Edit - dang "old" eyes and small iPod :p

So, I just received another email from Amtrak, telling me to call customer service again. They said they were originally going to cancel the train due to a problem on the freight line. However, they made some changes and decided to originate the train from Denver. So, thankfully, my trip heading east out of Denver will not be affected. She did not elaborate on other schedules coming in/out of Denver. For the sake of everyone's Thanksgiving plans, I sure hope other schedules are not adversely affected.

Tim

Here's a thread at trainorders.com about the fire: LINK

Sounds like the fire was at Thayer, Iowa, which is between Osceola and Creston.

I merged the other topic on this subject with this topic. Lets keep all discussion here.

Thanks!!

Here's a thread at trainorders.com about the fire: LINK

Sounds like the fire was at Thayer, Iowa, which is between Osceola and Creston.
Thanks for the link. Sounds like #5 will be detoured, or maybe not, by the time I'm on it. A sigh of relief! :)

We got back to Chicago and then decided to grab the Chief to La Junta and rent a car. It worked. Looks like I'm in for some rare mileage getting back Sunday, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back