Daily Beast Article

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true, as it says, that everyone is elderly? We're only 60, will be referred to as young whippersnappers?

Is it true, as it says, that everyone is elderly? We're only 60, will be referred to as young whippersnappers?
Aloha

I have no idea as to the average age, but I would not worry about being "young whippersnappers". Sometimes I think I am an old whippersnappers. :giggle:

they serve thick pancakes and dust the Amtrak logo on them in sugar

We all know there are people of all ages on the trains including families with little children. I've read more than one article that tries to make the passengers seem like a bunch of old men and blue haired ladies but that isn't reality. Geez.

We all know there are people of all ages on the trains including families with little children. I've read more than one article that tries to make the passengers seem like a bunch of old men and blue haired ladies but that isn't reality. Geez.
True, however there's no shortage of old men and blue haired ladies.

When I first booked a roomette, I was like 56ish and yes, I noted I was one of the younger dudes in the sleepers. Not to say that younger passengers do not ride up front. Just mentioning I felt like a kid! I have noted this several other times, I don't notice it much now as I have turned a whopping 63! So, we all hold onto each other trundling to the dinning car and staying away from onions. I would not have mentioned it but had to smile at where these comments were heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back