DC Departure Board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan

Is there a way to see Union Station in DC departure board on the internet or with an app?

https://asm.transitdocs.com/station/WAS

Also, Amtrak's app will let you see multiple trains scheduled between city pairs. Click Status on the bottom menu then click on "Don't know your train number?" below the "Search for Train Status" button
But that doesn't show track numbers.
I don’t know if any online service has the track numbers.
That's my point. An incredibly similar question popped up here a few days ago, and was asking if there was any way to view the DC departure board and track assignments online, like can be done at NY Penn Station.

To meet such high tech expectations you have to go to India. You can get arrival and departure board of any station on the system with track numbers. Of course some of those boards get to be of impressive length, like e.g. of Howrah (Kolkata) or CST Mumbai.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://asm.transitdocs.com/station/WAS

Also, Amtrak's app will let you see multiple trains scheduled between city pairs. Click Status on the bottom menu then click on "Don't know your train number?" below the "Search for Train Status" button
But that doesn't show track numbers.
I don’t know if any online service has the track numbers.
Seems like that link should be enough for anyone?
Not to beat a dead horse, but not if you want track numbers.

An example from real life:

Back when I was commenting on the MARC, I would occasionally be lucky enough to get out of work in time to catch the ~3:30 train home. Most all of the MARC trains board at the upper level at WAS, but this train in particular usually boarded down on 27 or 28. As I was often coming into the station with barely enough time to get the train, it would have been helpful to know to what direction to take when entering the station before getting to a display. It's only the difference of a minute or two, but that can (and has!) been the difference between getting home early and having to sit around in the station for over 30 minutes to wait for the next train.

Not real life example, but plausible: You're looking to help someone navigate a station via phone. Knowing what's on the departure/arrival boards could be useful in steering them in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back