Deboarding/Reboarding?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've booked the train LSL #449 & 49. My sleeper car is 4920 from BOS to ALB and then car 4912 from ALB to where the bumper stand is in Chicago. Question is do I have to be deboarded when arriving and then reboarding just before departure? It's about 1 1/2 hour layover. I asked the reservation agent about it and she said that she has no clue. She stated, "It's up to the conductor."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that they couldn't have rebooked you in 4920 all the way! :blink: Up until very recently, there was no 4920 from ALB-CHI, so how did someone book 4920 out of ALB before it was on #449? :huh:

A lot will probably depend on what happens to your room on 4920 at ALB. In other words, if your room is sold to someone else out of ALB, then you'll most likely have no choice but to get off and wait in the station. If your room is sold further west of ALB, then you attendant might allow you to remain in the room until the Boston section is coupled to the NY section, at which point you could move to your new room.

One drawback to that method though is you'll have to drag your luggage through the entire now combined train.

With your layover in mind, Albany is not a bad station to have to wait it. If you have a laptop, it has free wireless. And I like how part of the waiting area is above the platforms. Makes for some great views of the trains coming in. There's also a post office and a small cafe, if you've never been there.

I'm surprised that they couldn't have rebooked you in 4920 all the way! :blink: Up until very recently, there was no 4920 from ALB-CHI, so how did someone book 4920 out of ALB before it was on #449? :huh:
They have connections like someone else on this forum from RI! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back