Dedicated Sleeper Lounge/Waiting Area in Seattle?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they still storing the luggage against the wall behind the check in desk in the LA Metropolitan Lounge? That was the only real complaint I had about it.

On the original subject, I'd love to see them convert some portion of King Street into a lounge as everyone else would. I'm also somewhat curious as to why there is no wifi in a station that busy and that large.

Bags are stored on what appears to be a small locked conference room.

View attachment 21852
Too small? There was never a time during the day that the lounge was overcrowded.
When I was there last October, I was waiting in there. That was the only spot open in the lounge for the Starlight's departure. It was pretty full. I'm sure it also is decently full for the Eagle's departure, as the Eagle is a pretty popular train.

Are they still storing the luggage against the wall behind the check in desk in the LA Metropolitan Lounge? That was the only real complaint I had about it.

On the original subject, I'd love to see them convert some portion of King Street into a lounge as everyone else would. I'm also somewhat curious as to why there is no wifi in a station that busy and that large.
As you said, Plenty of Room, and No excuse for Seattle not having a Good Coffee Shop and Wifi in the Station!

When the Lounge first Opened that was a Conference Room that Passengers could reserve for Private Meetings while waiting on their Trains.
Baggage storage seems like a much more needed usage. Doubt there's much if any call for a 'conference room'...

Baggage storage seems like a much more needed usage. Doubt there's much if any call for a 'conference room'...
Well, one of the last times we were there, waiting on the Sunset Limited, a young mom and her baby made use of it for a 'baby feeding' station! Better than having to use the ladies' room for sure!

Well, one of the last times we were there, waiting on the Sunset Limited, a young mom and her baby made use of it for a 'baby feeding' station! Better than having to use the ladies' room for sure!
I noticed that Penn Station, NY has one of those airport style booths for that purpose in the main waiting room, accessible for all passengers, not just those in Metropolitan Lounge....

Since we're talking about the King Street Station in Seattle, I'm going to be there for a few hours before taking the Empire Builder back to Chicago. Can I leave my bags there at the station while I go out and poke around the city for a while? I'd like to pick my bag up again before boarding since I'm going to be on the train for a few days.

Since we're talking about the King Street Station in Seattle, I'm going to be there for a few hours before taking the Empire Builder back to Chicago. Can I leave my bags there at the station while I go out and poke around the city for a while? I'd like to pick my bag up again before boarding since I'm going to be on the train for a few days.
You'll have to pay Baggage Check $10 as a ticketed Amtrak Passenger to hold your Bag.

Used to friendly Agents would hold your bags for Free,( tips were appreciated,)but that no longer is the case in the Bigger Stations.

Anyway you can Check your Biggest 2 Bags( Free) and take your Carryon with you?

You'll have to pay Baggage Check $10 as a ticketed Amtrak Passenger to hold your Bag.

Used to friendly Agents would hold your bags for Free,( tips were appreciated,)but that no longer is the case in the Bigger Stations.

Anyway you can Check your Biggest 2 Bags( Free) and take your Carryon with you?

A few years ago when I last traveled there, baggage check at Seattle was free for sleeper passengers, while coach passengers were charged the per-bag fee.

Back