Delay on Train 4 at Flagstaff today (6/21)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatcats

Engineer
The status shows Train 4 arrived 1+ hours late at Flagstaff this morning, which is not too unusual, but then departed FLG 3 and a half hours late. I may stop by the station tomorrow and ask, but this is really peculiar. Freight trains blocking, hit something, equipment problems, or medical emergency? It would be unlikely to have the train sit in the station that long, as it blocks 2 grade crossings.

( reposted here, had originally posted it in incorrect forum. )

This morning my question was answered at the station about yesterday's delayed train at Flagstaff. There was police activity and an arrest was made of a suspected pedophile. It seems there was a dispute over jurisdiction of the matter between the city police and the Sheriff's Dept. the train sat in the station during this time, blocking traffic.

So why didn't the competing cops take the person involved OFF the train and settle their disagreement over jurisdiction on the PLATFORM and allow the train to leave?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know the circumstances. I find it incredible they let the train sit there blocking busy crossings for over 2 hours. Last night I had gone out to dinner downtown and observed the westbound 3, which arrived nearly on time. It was on the wrong track, as a freight was broken down west of Flagstaff. Since there is only one platform, when this happens the boarding occurs at one of the grade crossings. The train made about six spots and was here for 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back